The Village of Loon Lake wants to offer the residents of Loon Lake the opportunity to receive specific village notices as attachments in an email, rather than by regular mail.
Transmitting information by email has a number of risks that residents should be aware of. These include, but are not limited to:
- Emails can be circulated, forwarded, and stored in numerous paper and electronic files.
- Emails can be immediately broadcast worldwide and be received by many intended and unintended recipients.
- Email senders can easily misaddress an email.
- Email is easier to falsify than handwritten or signed documents.
- Backup copies of emails may exist even after the sender or the recipient has deleted their copy.
- Emails can be intercepted, altered, forwarded, or used without authorization or detection.
- Emails can be used to introduce viruses into the computer system.
- Emails can be used as evidence in court.
The Village of Loon Lake will use reasonable means to protect the security and confidentiality of email information sent and received. However, because of the risks outlined above, the Village of Loon Lake cannot guarantee the security and confidentiality of email communication and will not be liable for improper disclosure of confidential information. For this reason, the customer must consent to the use of email for delivery of the Village of Loon Lake notices, newsletters, and other correspondence.
Consent to the use of email for the delivery of Village of Loon Lake notices includes agreement to the following:
- Failure to receive an emailed municipal notice does not release me from my responsibility to pay any charges specified on the notice, or any penalties which may be incurred by late payment.
- I will inform The Village of Loon Lake of any changes to my email address as soon as possible to prevent the misdirection of notices and reduce the risk of my not receiving a notice.
- I may withdraw from email notices at any time. To do so, I will inform the Village of Loon Lake and all notices which were previously emailed to me will be sent by regular mail.
I authorize the Village of Loon Lake to transmit all future Property Tax Notices and Assessments Notices, Invoices, Receipts and Correspondence Letters via the email address provided below.
I understand that I will not receive the listed correspondence by paper copy.